Our Pretty Little Nest: Taco Cupcakes        
 
                 
     
       
     
       

About Me

My photo
Hi, I am a 30 something wife who loves crafting, cooking, and more! I am married to an amazing man that makes me laugh on a daily basis.
     
     
       

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Taco Cupcakes

Wow, this is such a easy, quick and delicious meal! Of course I found the recipe on Pinterest, then changed it up a bit to our tastes :)  My husband had doubts, but was surprised by how much he liked these.

Taco Cupcakes


1 lb ground beef (can use chicken or turkey)
Taco seasoning (I make my own with Ppaprika, Cayenne pepper, Garlic Powder and Onion Powder)
1 can Jalapeno Beans
1 Jalapeno chopped
1/2 Onion chopped
1/4 - 1/2 cup Salsa
Cheddar cheese, shredded
Wonton wrappers
Optional toppings - salsa, sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, guacamole
Cooking spray (I like Crisco)

Preheat oven to 375.

Brown the meat in a skillet and drain off fat. Return the meat to the skillet; add the taco seasoning, onion and jalapenos, salsa and beans.  Mix and simmer for 5-10 minutes



Spray muffin pan with cooking spray.  Place one wonton wrapper in each muffin cup, then divide half of the taco meat mixture between the muffin cups.  Sprinkle cheese over the meat.  Repeat layers - wonton, taco meat and cheese.

Bake at 375 for 20 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.  Top with your favorite taco toppings

I like to serve with Chicken Tamales! Enjoy

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment