Our Pretty Little Nest: Nightstand Refinished        
 
                 
     
       
     
       

About Me

My photo
Hi, I am a 30 something wife who loves crafting, cooking, and more! I am married to an amazing man that makes me laugh on a daily basis.
     
     
       

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Nightstand Refinished

I found a cute and cheap nightstand on Craigslist, but it was brown and had a watermark stain. I bought the
 nightstand for $40.00 and decided I would paint it black. 



I researched how to paint the furniture, best paint to use, etc. Well after scouring many DIY blogs, I headed to Home Depot and decided to use Rust-Oleum Painters Touch Black Semi-Gloss for this project. I also picked up some 3M Sanding blocks in 100 and 120 grit....these were excellent to use for all the small crevices and after using the electric sander.

I shocked myself and my husband with the final result! It could not have turned out better for my first DIY furniture redo.

This project cost be about $60.00 to complete including the cost of the dresser, as we had the sander, sandpaper, and miscellaneous painting supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment