Our Pretty Little Nest: Homemade Pizza        
 
                 
     
       
     
       

About Me

My photo
Hi, I am a 30 something wife who loves crafting, cooking, and more! I am married to an amazing man that makes me laugh on a daily basis.
     
     
       

Friday, December 30, 2011

Homemade Pizza


Every Friday night for the last few months I have been making pizza it has become our little tradition :)  I make a thin crust Spinach and ricotta pizza with pickled jalapenos. My husband is Southeast Asian so spicy food is a must for him.

Spinach and Ricotta Pizza

1 pkg Thin Crust Pizza (I prefer Mama Mary's thin crust)
Low Fat Ricotta Cheese
Low fat Mozzarella Cheese
2 cups Fresh Spinach
1/2 tsp of minced garlic
Thinly sliced purple onions
Tomato Sauce (I prefer Prego)
Pickled Jalapenos (may omit for taste preference)
Italian seasoning

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Place pizza crusts on Pizza stone or aluminum foil
3. Lightly coat crust with extra virgin olive oil
4.  Place Spinach in pan with minced garlic over medium heat. Continue till all spinach is wilted
5. Apply tomato sauce to crust ( typically about 5 -6 large tablespoons per pizza)
6. Next add ricotta cheese in small thin spoonfuls, onions, and jalapenos.
7. Sprinkle with Mozzarella and Italian seasoning. Bake in oven till crust is golden brown about 20 -30 mins


No comments:

Post a Comment